Q1. How can you open a file selected in Lightroom CC for retouching in Photoshop CC?
- Double-click the file
- Choose File > Edit in Photoshop
- Choose File > Save to Photoshop
- Press Cmd/Ctrl+E
Q2. How can you undo one or more changes just made to an image?
- Use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl+Z
- Click a state in the history panel
- Choose File > Undo
- Press Cmd/Ctrl+U
Q3. How can you select a specific layer? (find all that apply)
- Click the eye icon in the layers panel
- Use the Move tool with auto-select enabled
- Right-click the image and select layer
- Press Cmd/Ctrl and click the layer
Q4. How can you avoid having transparent edges along the edge of a panoramic photo while retaining the largest image size?
- Choose the Cylindrical method.
- Choose the Perspective method.
- Adjust the Boundary Warp slider.
- Select Auto Crop.
Q5. How do you crop a document without permanently discarding pixels along the edge?
- Clear the Delete Cropped Pixels box.
- Select the Delete Cropped Pixels box.
- Use the Smart Crop tool.
- Hold the Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac) key.
Q6. What feature should you use to simulate the in-camera development recipes applied by manufacturers with your own raw files?
- Camera Matching profiles
Q7. When working in an RGB document, which option is NOT a method for the Select Color Range command?
- Sampled Colors
- Skin Tones
- Key (Blacks)
- Out of Gamut
Q8. How do you access the Auto Color Correction Options dialog box?
- Select Image > Auto Tone.
- Select Image > Auto Color.
- Alt-click (Option-click) the Auto button in the Properties panel when you have a Levels or Curves adjustment layer targeted in the Layers panel.
- Hold down the Alt (Option) key and select Image > Auto Color.
Q9. Which options are available when using the Free Transform command on a Smart Object?
- A. Content-Aware Scale
- B. Scale
- C. Warp
- D. Distort
- E. Perspective Warp
Q10. What is considered the minimum DPI for photographic-quality inkjet printing?
Q11. Which scanner type is capable of producing the highest resolution scans?
- flatbed scanner
- slide scanner
- all-in-one unit
- drum scanner
Q12. Which format does NOT support an alpha channel?
Q13. What is the best way to save multiple images into a single PDF?
- Save each PDF separately first and then combine them.
- Check to see if you have Acrobat Professional installed.
- Use the PDF Presentation command.
- Click File > Export > Export Layers to Files.
Q14. What option cannot be adjusted with the Print command directly in the Print window?
- size of the image
- position on the page
- paper quality
- color management policies
Q15. Which statement best describes the Quick Mask feature?
- It allows you to use the Pen tool to edit a selection
- It allows you to use the Brush tool to create or refine a selection
- It allows you to duplicate a mask quickly.
- It allows you to convert a vector mask to a layer mask.
Q16. What Photoshop feature was used to convert this image to black and white?
- Black and White adjustment layer
- Image > Mode > Grayscale
Q17. In the image shown, why is Sharpen Edges grayed out?
- The filter doesn’t work on a 16-bit image.
- The filer is not correctly installed.
- The filter doesn’t work on a 32-bit image.
- The filter requires a selection to be made first.
Q18. In the image shown, which Camera Raw feature was used to restrict the graduated filter to avoid the statue?
- Adjustment Brush
- Depth Range Mask
- Luminance Range Mask
- Color Range Mask
Q19. What can you use to save a common crop size?
- tool sets
- modifier keys
- tool presets
Q20. Which Camera Raw Transform method is being used in the example shown?
Q21. To reduce the file size of a PDF, what should you do?
- Upsample large images
- Convert 8-bit images to 16-bit
- Apply compression to the document
- all of these answers
Q22. Which image adjustment is not available as an adjustment layer?
Q23. With default Essentials settings, where would you find the Red Eye tool?
- grouped with the Eyedropper tool
- Image > Mode > Red Eye
- Edit > Red Eye
- grouped with the Spot Healing Brush tool
Q24. Which option was not selected in the Magic Wand tool to create a selection like the one shown below?
- Sample All Layers
Q25. Where should you click to open a dialog box in which you can then choose to open a raw file as a Smart Object?
Q26. Which option would you use to clone while respecting perspective planes?
- Vanishing Point
- Clone Stamp
- Healing Brush
Q27. In order to run a filter on an entire video file, what must you do first?
- Convert the video file to an image sequence.
- Convert the video file to a Smart Object.
- Actually, you cannot use filters on video files.
- Convert the video file to an animated gif.
Q28. Which file format does not support layers?
- Photoshop EPS
- Photoshop PDF
- Large Document Format
- Photoshop PSD
Q29. Of these formats, which supports 16-bit images?
- Photoshop EPS
Q30. What does the small black triangle in the lower-right corner of a tool indicate?
- that the tool is currently deselected
- tool options
- that the tool is currently selected
- grouped or hidden tools
Q31. Which command makes it easier to adjust selected areas of color in two images in order to make them similar?
- Match Color
- Replace Color
Q32. If you scan a film or slide negative, which command turns it into a positive?
Q33. A filter recipe can be saved as action and set to your desktop for drag-and-drop usage by converting the filter recipe into a _.
- image process
Q34. Which tool is not found in the Select and Mask taskspace?
- Refine Edge
- Quick Select
- Magic Wand
Q35. To use blending modes with a filter, choose the _ command.
Q36. Which image adjustment is optimized for 32-bit images?
- Color Lookup
Q37. To hide the white borders around pixels that are viewed at a high magnification, which option do you disable?
- Window > Workspace > Grid
- View > Show > Slices
- View > Show > Selection Edges
- View > Show > Pixel Grid
Q38. To save a panel layout arrangement, what should you create?
- A tool set
- A layer set
- A keyboard shortcut
- A workspace
Q39. Which filter should you use to create photorealistic blurs?
- Gaussian Blur
- Lens Blur
- Shape Blur
- Surface Blur
Q40. When using the Type tool, what do you call the space between lines?
- Vertical scale
Q41. If you want the most control over color when inkjet printing, which option should you select?
- Color Handling: Photoshop Manages Colors
- Color Handling: Printer Manages Colors
- Hard Proofing
Q42. You have an RGB image that you want to convert to a duotone, but in the image > Mode menu, the Duotone option in grayed out. Why is this happening?
- You must add a spot color channel first
- You must remove all existing color by Image > Adjustments > Desaturate first
- Duotones require a single channel, so you must convert to grayscale first
- Duotones require two channels, so you must delete one of RGB channels in the Channels panel first
Q43. For smoother, curved edges on a selection, be sure to enable the _ option.
Q44. Which web-ready format supports transparency and is optimized for continuous-tone images such as photos?
Q45. You’re trying to use the Healing Brush tool, but don’t see results. What is the problem?
- You forgot to Shift-click to set the source point for the tool
- You forgot to Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac) to set the source point for the tool
- You forgot to double-click to set the source point for the tool
- You forgot to Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac) to set the source point for the tool
Q46. Which color space is best for web graphics?
- Adobe RGB
- ProPhoto RGB
Q47. Which option do you use with the Dodge and Burn tools to prevent unwanted color changes like those shown in the image?
- Sample All Layers
- Protect Tones
- Use Pressure for Size
- Protect Colors
Q48. Which command in the Smart Objects submenu would you see to save the original file for the selected layer?
- Edit Contents
- Replace Contents
- Relink to File
- Export Contents
Q49. In the image shown, which Blur method is being used to control focus with a series of pins?
- Path Blur
- Tilt-Shift Blur
- Iris Blur
- Field Blur
Q50. In the image shown, what do the blue areas represent?
- Color cast
- Clipped shadow detail
- Overexposed details
- Clipped highlight detail
Q51. What does the grayscale image in this figure show?
- the edges affected by the Sharpen command as refined by the Masking slider
- the edges affected by the Sharpen command as refined by the Radius slider
- the edges affected by the Sharpen command as refined by the Detail slider
- the edges affected by the Sharpen command as refined by the Amount slider
Q52. Where do you click to adjust the blending mode for a Smart Filter?