How to Index new blog posts & pages instantly in search results with Google Indexing API and RankMath Instant Indexing Plugin
Thanks to Google’s Indexing API, Rank Math SEO for WordPress and this guide we’ve put together for you, it’s now possible for you to get your website to rank faster.
Using this method, you can stay one step ahead of your competition by making sure that your site is crawled and has the opportunity to rank before their site does which is extremely important when it comes to time-sensitive, competitive content.
The process of setting this up isn’t typically very easy, but if you follow this step-by-step guide, you’ll be up and running (or, I guess you could say up and ranking) in no time! So, without further ado – let’s jump right in and take a look at how to set this up.
The Google Indexing API helps you Get Your Website Crawled Immediately
- Download Google Indexing API Plugin
- Steps to Create an API Project
- 2.1 Go to Google API Console
- 2.2 Create a Service Account
- 2.3 Add the Service Account as an owner. Just follow the recommended steps to verify ownership of your property.
- Configure the Plugin
- 3.1 Insert your API Key in the plugin settings. After installing the plugin, just navigate to Rank Math > Instant Indexing Settings in your WordPress admin area, and paste in the contents of your JSON file, or just upload the file.
- 3.2 Send first indexing request to Google.
Now it’s time to use Google’s indexing API to get any post or page on your site indexed almost instantly.
Please Note: It will take a few minutes for your website to start crawling after successful submission. Learn more about the entire process here.
Voila! We are done!
Note 1: It would be remiss not to mention that we got the idea for this post after reading this post that David Sottimano wrote about Google’s Indexing API. Another article that’s worth checking out is Tobias Willmann’s in which he thoroughly tested the indexing API with normal URLs that do not have a job posting or Livestream structured data.
Note 2: Officially, the API is for pages containing Job Posting and Livestream Structured data, however, from our internal tests and our public beta it seems that Google will crawl and index any page type regardless of the Structured data. It is an efficient way to get the page(s) crawled quickly, rather than requesting it from inside Google Search Console.
Note 3: Google recommends that you use the Indexing API ONLY for Job Posting and Live Streaming websites. If you are not sure whether you want to be using this or not, please stop reading and don’t proceed further. As Google recommends, you should not use this indexing API on money websites. Please proceed at your own risk.
Also, Google plans to use the Indexing API instead of Sitemaps down the line.
Read More about
- How to install RankMath Instant Indexing Plugin
- How to Download RankMath Instant Indexing Plugin
- How to configure RankMath Instant Indexing Plugin
- How to configure Google Instant Indexing API
- How to submit the URLs for Instant Indexing
- How to do Instant indexing for Bing
- How to Instant indexing for Bing using RankMath
- How to Use RankMath SEO Plugin
- How to download RankMath SEO Plugin